Each year, the Pine City Planning Commission strives to recognize citizen and business owners who have made a distinguished contribution to planning or enhanced the overall appearance of their property. The City of Pine City has announced the nomination period being open for the two annual awards developed by the Pine City Planning Commission: Business Site Improvement Award and Citizen Planner Award.
The deadline for nominations is quickly approaching – Friday, October 14. Contact Pine City Community Development Director Mike Gainor for more information at 320-629-2575 or visit pinecity.govoffice.com. Nomination forms are also available at city hall.
“With all the new businesses opening their doors this past year, and with several development projects underway, the Planning Commission is excited to see who the community nominates for these awards,” Gainor said. “It’s great to see all the progress happening in Pine City.”
Citizen planners support planning through dedication of their time, talents and understanding of the planning process. They represent through their work, showing support of the goals of the city and its Comprehensive Plan. They effectively promote, influence and advance planning in Pine City.
Business site improvements include substantial improvements to the exterior of their building, consistent maintenance in an attractive, well-kept manner. They offer a benefit to the public by improved safety or convenience to the neighborhood. They may carry out the brand of Pine City by being “North. Nice and Close” with water or evergreen references.
- Nominations for Citizen Planner & Business Site Improvement awards will be accepted through Friday, October 14 and can be submitted online or on nomination forms at City Hall.
- Nominations must represent projects, issues or people in Pine City. The work must represent an ongoing program or project, or have been completed within 2-4 years of the award.
- Current members of the Planning Commission, EDA, HRA and City Council are not eligible.
- Improved sites must be within the corporate limits of the City of Pine City.
- Properties and projects must be visible from a public street, have a certificate of occupancy and be in compliance with all local, state and federal laws and regulations.
- Submissions must have the consent of the owner. Public projects are not eligible. Projects or persons who have won in the previous two years are not eligible. Self-nominations are welcome.