Pine City relies on a paid-on-call, volunteer fire department.
The work is very rewarding — you can see first hand what you have accomplished, and people are very grateful for your service. Although the Pine City Fire Department is not a full-time department, you will be trained as a professional, and you will work as a professional. Fires do not recognize the difference between full-time and paid-per-call firefighters!
The Pine City Fire Department also serves the cities of Rock Creek and Henriette and the townships of Chengwatana, Royalton, Pokegama, Pine City and Mission Creek.
Residents who live within 15 minutes of the Fire Department are welcome to apply!
- Minimum 18 years of age.
- Pass a physical exam (paid for by the department).
- Live/work near Pine City.
- Live or work within fifteen-minute driving radius of the station.
- If you do not meet these requirements, your application will still be reviewed by the department.
- City-provided PPE (Personal Protective Equipment), clothing, uniforms, and pager.
- 120 hours of basic firefighting training, and 45 hours of First Responder training, paid for by the city.
- Eligibility for worker’s compensation.
- Membership in the Pine City Firefighters Relief Association, and up to a 20-year service pension upon reaching 50 years of age depending on years of service.
Interested applicants must complete the City of Pine City Employment Application.
For more information, contact the Pine City Fire Department Chief, Tom Miller at 320-629-7405.
The Fire Hall is located at 400 5th Street Se, Pine City, MN 55063.