While the day started out with cloudy skies and a bit of rain, the sun made an appearance for most of the day as the No Fair Fair event was held last Friday, August 7th outside of Pine Insurance Agency in Pine City. Mike and Erin Anderson, along with the staff at Pine Insurance Agency worked hard to create a fun event for the community, while also providing an opportunity for several non-profit organizations to raise funds this year.
One attraction for fundraising was the Dunk Tank. Each hour there was a different group hoping to get throwers with less-than-perfect aim so they could heckle their audience without actually getting wet! Organizations got to keep all funds raised in the hour they were there, and those funds were matched as a donation by Pine Insurance Agency as well. Groups benefiting from this event included: Dragon Hockey Booster Club, Pine City Chamber, Pine City BYR, PC Dragons Football, PC Dragons Basketball Boosters, Brook Park Fire Dept, Heritage Players, and the Pine City Athletic Association
Other non-profit groups were able to set up a booth and sell items or host a game or activity and keep all proceeds from their event. Groups participating in this way included:
- PC Evangelical Youth Group who sold ice cream
- Tree House Youth Group sold hotdogs and had a ring toss game
- Our Redeemer Lutheran Youth Group sold beverages, had a balloon pop and a raffle for handmade wood bowls donated by Dale Mathisen
- Beyond the Yellow Ribbon had Plinko Game
- PC Blue Star Moms played a bean bag toss game and sold Pizza Pub pizza
- East Central Pork Producers sold over 500 pork chops for the day
- Pine City Youth Hockey ran the corn booth stand and sold almost 80 dozen, that’s nearly 1000 ears of corn!
Several for-profit vendors were also part of the event. They each donated 10% of their sales to a non-profit organization of their choice.
The staff at Pine Insurance Agency worked tirelessly to create an experience for the community that was both entertaining and profitable for several local organizations, while keeping the health and safety of the community in mind.
Special thank you’s are needed for those that assisted in this event:
- WCMP who provided advertising, live broadcasting, and music throughout the day! The partnership from WCMP Radio was essential. A special thanks to Josh Miron for sitting in the dunk tank for the Chamber (sorry about those pants!) and Joe Keyport for volunteering to be dunked with Beyond the Yellow Ribbon.
- All Seasons Services & Jones construction provided us with the cones/barricades to close off the parking lot & control the flow of foot traffic
- Crystal Springs Ice provided the ice that we used to keep the dunk tank nice and “chilled”
- Pine City Pioneer wrote up a fantastic article that printed the week before the event
- Absolute Portable Restrooms who provided the porta potty’s
- JJS Electric that came out and reworked some electrical for us so all of our vendors & booths could have electric service
- Student volunteers with the National Honor Society and Basketball Boosters as well as the staff members and their families that helped run the games and helped with sanitizing throughout the event.
If you missed the No Fair Fair…. check out the photo gallery from this event on the Pine Insurance Facebook Page.