The Pine City Office for Minnesota Energy Resources is seeking a Utility Specialist for the local area.
Utility Specialists provide operational support to MERC Gas Distribution Operations in the areas of gas line locates, leak and CO investigations, meter reading and maintenance.
- Locate and mark underground gas lines
- Perform routine maintenance including meter painting, meter replacements and pressure checks, gas leak investigations, carbon monoxide investigations, and emergency response to leaks.
- Install, remove and replace gas meters, complete meter routines and turn-on/shut-off duties according to company policies and procedures.
- Contact customers concerning collections and delinquent accounts.
- Perform scheduled surveys of gas distribution system.
- Read meters accurately and on time.
- Promote and sell non-regulated services.
- On call rotation required.
Minimum Experience Requirements:
Valid driver’s license and 1+ years of customer relations skills.
For more information, please call Marv Pederson, Operations Supervisor at 320.438.3000