Adara Home Health is seeking to fill a position for a Physical Therapist. Coverage area for this position includes the communities of Pine City, Rush City & Hinckley. Position is full-time with a flexible schedule for visits Monday – Friday between 8am – 5pm.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Administers physical therapy evaluations. Participates in the development of the Plan of Care.
- Provides physical therapy treatments, procedures, evaluations and diagnostic tests for clients under the direction of their physician for whom therapy has been medically prescribed.
- Translates all exercises into functional activities or activities of daily living.
- Provides instructions in the use and care of assistive devices.
- Develops needed plans for modifying equipment, appliances and the physical surroundings in client’s homes.
- Prepares clinical and progress notes. Reports to physician and the General Manager the client’s response to treatment or change in condition.
- Maintains appropriate records including frequency of visits and client’s response.
- Instructs and supervises PTAs, HHAs, LPNs and RNs in therapy program when appropriate.
- Provides in service education programs for company staff as requested.
- Participates in Case Conferences as indicated.
- Provides families with information, support and encouragement to help motivate clients in their progress. Instructs client’s family on home physical therapy program.
- Assists individuals and families to accept and adjust positively to physical, mental and social limitations.
- Participates in the development of community resources to meet the needs of clients.
- Maintains positive and effective communication with all staff and others. Understands and participates in team concept.
- Maintains absolute confidentiality of all information pertaining to clients, families and employees.
- Maintains a safe client environment and identifies and reports to the office any suspected vulnerable client abuse, neglect, or financial exploitation.
- Performs other related duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Branch Office.
- Graduate of an accredited Physical Therapy program; currently licensed as a Physical Therapist in the state of Minnesota. The license must not have been revoked, suspended, and without limitations or restrictions.
- Have at least two (2) years experience in a health care setting or equivalent experience.
- Home care experience preferred.
- Strong interpersonal communication and teaching skills.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to work independently.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Access to a dependable vehicle or public transportation in order to travel to multiple company business stops a day.
- A valid driver’s license and proof of car insurance when using a personal vehicle for company business.
- Proof of negative mantoux or documentation of negative chest x-ray.
- Current CPR certification is highly recommended.
- Have U.S. Citizenship or evidence of valid Alien Work Permit.
- Discloses any conviction and criminal history records pertaining to any crime related to the provision of health services. A candidate who has been convicted of such crimes will not be hired.
- Pass initial and ongoing background studies and screenings including but not limited to those of the Minnesota Department of Health and the Federal Office of the Inspector General’s List of Excluded Individuals and Entities.
- Provide proof you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Medical and religious vaccine exemption requests must be approved by the company before your start date
For more information regarding this position, contact Amy Cook-Dukes, Recruiting Manager at 763-682-7085.