JOB POSTING ~ Education Coordinator
• Bachelor’s Degree in Human Service or related field
• Strong business acumen
• Demonstrated ability to form and maintain collaborations among community partners and stakeholders
• Knowledge of child development, early learning standards, and community resources
• Sufficient understanding of public program operations and the ability to link processes to the purpose of the program, provide procedural technical advice to clients and program information to government officials.
• Must demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to read, write and edit letters, memos bulletins, policy/procedures and reports sufficient to interpret and apply them to resolve eligibility and rule changes.
• Ability to adapt to continuous organizational and program, policy and procedural changes working in a team environment.
• Human relations skills sufficient to interact with potential clients making inquiries about the program, via phone, email, individually or addressing small groups.
• Demonstrate knowledge of and share the college’s interest in diverse cultures and populations.
• Valid driver’s license to conform to MnSCU vehicle use criteria and consent to a motor vehicle records check.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective communication and working relationships.
• Ability to explain programs and clarify ambiguous language to clients and the general public.
• Experience working with Achieve, Minnesota Center for Professional Development
• Knowledge of Develop – The Minnesota Quality Improvement and Registry Tool
• Knowledge of Parent Aware, State of MN QRIS
• Experience working with government and/or grand funded agencies.
• Experience in a higher education environment.
• Knowledge of Minnesota State Colleges & Universities, Department of Human Services and Child Care Aware.
This position expands and strengthens professional development opportunities and an intentional education pathway for early childhood professionals through the planning and delivery of accessible training.
1. Ensure required training is available throughout the district including training for licensure and
CCAP requirements, Parent Aware, Learning Communities and tailored Trainings.
2. Work with TARS (Trainer and RBPD Support – RBPD=Relationship Based Professional
Development) contract on trainer meetings, recruitment professional Development needs including
PD plans, mentoring and observing Recruiting and supporting a diverse pool of trainers.
3. Oversee the application and orientation of trainers as well as the class schedules for each trainer.
4. Participate in District and State networking opportunities
5. Perform other duties as assigned to ensure the smooth functioning of the department and
maintain the reputation of the organization as a viable business partner.