The Holiday Madness event on Saturday, December 1st was a great success thanks to so many wonderful community members, businesses and local organizations! Here at the Chamber, we are grateful to all those that supported Holiday Madness 2018 and took part in one or more of the activities hosted throughout the day!
The November #ShopPineCity cards were carried throughout Pine City last month with many community members getting their cards filled by making local purchases from November 1st – 30th. We awarded the following prizes on Saturday:
- 1st Place – $300 in Chamber Bucks – Eunice Miller
- 2nd Place – $200 in Chamber Bucks – Sue Osterdyk
- 3rd Place – $100 in Chamber Bucks – Dessie Bell
At the Chili Cook-Off event we welcomed 6 of our Chamber Members as part of this year’s competition: Mom’s Parkside Cafe, American Legion Post 51, Vannelli’s Landing, Floppy Crappie Lakeside Pub, More Than Sprouts, and Froggy’s Bar & Grill. Each of these businesses donated their time and their chili for the event. A free will donation was collected in the park and will be donated to the Pine City Fire Depart Relief Association this year as our thanks for their help with traffic management for the parade.
- The People’s Choice Award, sponsored by Coldwell Banker Results, was awarded to Froggy’s Bar & Grill for the 2nd year in a row! Congratulations!!
While our attendee’s were tasting the chili and enjoying the other park activities, we invited them to get signed up for the Chamber Bucks drawings. Thanks to our generous Holiday Madness partners, were were able to give away over $350 in Chamber Bucks prizes! Special thanks to these partners: New Horizon Thrift Store, Currie, Pangerl & Associates, Todd’s Tax Service, KBEK 95.5 FM Radio, MINPACK, Chris’ Food Center, Walmart, FirstLight Health System, Voyaguer Bottle Shop, Grand Casino Hinckley. Congratulations to these winners:
- Jaylene Belko
- Braden Bell
- Renee Fochs
- Jane Thomas
- Dave Stone
- Ian Iverson
- Emily Crider
- Rick Fox
- Monica Clune
- Noah McDaniel
- Mike Gainor
Finally…. the Holiday Madness event wouldn’t be possible without the many volunteers that make the evening special.
- Fairview Clinic & Anytime Fitness volunteers for coordinating the 2018 Jingle Bell Jog
- The Belland, Wagner & Smetana families for bringing in their animals for the Petting Zoo.
- The Bever Family for manning the fire rings for guests to warm up with in the park.
- The Pine City Music Boosters for providing hot chocolate for the student singers and tree lighting attendees.
- The Pine Area Lions for donating kids treat bags for distribution in the park.
- Pine City Pioneer staff for sponsoring the Holiday Madness Parade prizes and the tough job of selecting this year’s winners! (Stay tuned to this week’s paper for the announcement of the winners!)
- Pine City Fire Department and the Pine County Sheriff’s Department for traffic management assistance for the parade.
- Pine City Public Works for assistance in tree lighting, new gazebo lighting, and the barricades for downtown.
- The Pine City Ambassadors: Haven, Keyara, Melia & Evelyn for helping with the Chamber Bucks drawings!
- Guest speakers: Joe Dvorak, Carl Pederson & Julie Samuelson.
- Chamber Team Volunteers: Carissa Vogel, Sara Helseth, Kim Bever, Alisha Baumchen, Lara Smetana, Joe Dvorak, Todd Cummings, and Joshua Miron.
The Holiday Madness events continue through December 12th with the #SelfieMadnessinPine events. You can find more information about how you can be entered to win one of the Daily Drawings for $25 in Chamber Bucks by following the Chamber on Facebook or Instagram.