The Pine City Area Chamber of Commerce is a non-profit organization that is staffed by the Executive Director under the guidance of a 13 member Board of Directors. Board members serve a two-year term with the Chamber and have the opportunity to renew their interest. In October of each year the Chamber notices all members with an open call for applications to join the Board of Directors. If there are more than 6 or 7 candidates depending on the available slots, an electronic ballot is distributed to the membership to vote for the members that they wish to have representing the businesses of the community.
Chamber Directors have the following responsibilities in their role on the Board:
- A commitment to a two-year term beginning in January
- Attendance at monthly Chamber meetings, currently held on the 1st Thursday of each month at Noon
- Serve as part of the planning team for one of the large community events hosted by the Chamber each year of your term. (Freedom Fest, Pine County Parade or Holiday Madness)
- Serve as part of the committee for one of the Chamber focused programs for the Chamber each year of your term. (Golf Tournament, Networking, New Educator, Citizen of the Year & Annual Banquet)
- Attendance at Chamber Hosted events, including the Annual Banquet in October
- Participate in mentoring and networking opportunities with other businesses.
If you are interesting in serving as a Board Member and be included on the ballot for Directors for the 2022-2023 term, please contact the Chamber Office for an application form. Application deadline is Monday, October 18th.