This course provides the initial Food Manager Certification requirements of the State of Minnesota. Content includes the need for food safety, hazards that threaten food, the HACCP food safety system, and other basics of safe food handling. Course includes testing for the SERVSAFE Certificate.
Pine Technical & Community College’s Continuing Education department serves as the major regional provider of skill-based, short-term courses.
- Courses are conveniently offered during the day, evening and on weekends.
- Courses are open-enrollment and cater to a foreseen need such as new technology.
- Many courses are designed to meet an occupational licensing or legal requirement.
- Since class sizes are smaller, students receive more individual attention and learn more.
- Courses are shorter in duration than college credit classes and are delivered to meet the needs of the participant.