Visitors will find there are many opportunities to enjoy local celebrations and community events throughout the year. Below are the highlights of events hosted in the Pine City Community by various organizations. Links are included for additional information.
- Memorial Day weekend through the end of July, Art in the Park concerts are free events with a meal provided by local non-profits
- In June, the annual Freedom Fest event includes a Car Show, Triathlon, Children’s Activities, and Street Dance. A fireworks grand finale is held at dusk on the last Saturday in June.
- The annual Art Fest provides a great shopping excursion for arts and crafts finds on the third Saturday in July.
- In August, the Pine County Fair attracts thousands to the five-day event and many enjoy the annual Pine County Fair Parade held each year during this time as well.
- The Pine City PRCA Championship Rodeo is held annually over Labor Day weekend.
- The Fall Gathering in September is just one cultural event hosted at the Snake River Fur Post, a Minnesota Historical Site just outside of city limits.
- Pine City’s newest arts destination, the Pine Center for the Arts, hosts the Highway 61 Film Festival each year.
- The community ends the year with a Holiday Madness celebration complete with a lighted holiday themed parade, fire pits in the park and a community sing-a-long.